Morton Feldman Page
Morton Feldman Links
- Finding Aid for the Morton Feldman Papers, 1950-1999, at the State University of New York at Buffalo Music Library: A comprehensive online guide to this collection of Feldman's papers.
Publisher of Feldman's works until 1969.
- Universal Edition:
Publisher of Feldman's works from 1969 onwards.
- Photos of Feldman: Photos of Feldman and others in the Photo Gallery on Peter Gena's website.
- Articles on Feldman by Volker Straebel: Texts (in German and English) by Volker Straebel, including his liner notes for the CD, "Morton Feldman: First Recordings - 1950s" (Mode Records CD 66).
- Program Note for "Triadic Memories": Notes written by Louis Goldstein to accompany his performances of Feldman's piano piece, "Triadic Memories".
- For Stefan Wolpe: Liner notes by Steven Johnson for the CD recording of this piece on the New World Records label (80550-2).
- Slowly Watching Memory - An analysis of Morton Feldman's "Rothko Chapel": An essay by Dániel Péter Biró.
- Feldman's Composition for violin (1984) - Extended Just Intonation in interpretative practice: An essay by Marc Sabat.
- Shadings in the Chromatic Field: Intonations after Morton Feldman: An essay by Marc Sabat.
- MUSIC; Where Minimal and Maximal Meet: An article by Kyle Gann from the New York Times, February 17 2002, on String Quartet II and Feldman generally.
- In Dispraise of Efficiency - Feldman: The text of a lecture given by Kyle Gann at Seattle Art Museum as part of their "Morton Feldman Marathon" on January 27, 2008.
- Remembering Eberhard Blum (1940 - 2013): Recollections by his close friends and colleagues.
- Eulogy for Eberhard Blum, 5th April 2013: by Volker Straebel (in German). Also available in English.
- For an interesting set of notes on Feldman's For John Cage (and other writings) by Paul Zukofsky, visit www.musicalobservations.com. The Feldman liner notes can be found at www.musicalobservations.com/recordings/cp2_101.html.
- Analysing Feldman's Bass Clarinet and Percussion: A YouTube presentation by Samuel Andreyev.
- For Bunita Marcus: A recording of a live performance in Karlsruhe on 20 April 2016 by pianist, Florian Steininger. The performance was part of his ongoing project to perform Feldman's complete works (published and unpublished) for solo piano.
- Triadic Memories: A video recording of a live performance at the National Opera Center in New York on 3 June 2017 by pianist, Luke Berryman.
- Interview Morton Feldman: A transcription by pianist Thomas Moore of his 1983 interview with Feldman.
- Visual Resonance - mapping the Music of Morton Feldman: A collection of visualizations by Ashley Treni inspired by Feldman's music.